Skip to content
You have questions. We have answers.
- How do I give notice that I am leaving the property?
- Per your Lease Agreement, you are required to give notice, in writing, at least 30 Days in advance you wish to leave. The 30 Day period will commence the date our office receives your notice in writing. A written notice is required for all residents. Our office will confirm with you by sending an Acknowledgment Letter by mail, with the termination date and balance of rent. A pre-move out inspection will also be scheduled up to two weeks prior to your move-out or it can be waived by the tenant. A verbal notice or voice mail message is not acceptable since that is not considered to be in writing.
- I will be late in paying rent this month, what will happen?
- As you know, rent is due on the 1st day of each month in accordance to your rental agreement. Thereafter it is considered delinquent. Timely payment of rent is based on when our office receives your rent and not when you mailed it. Upon delinquent rent, you will be assessed a late fee per your rental agreement. You will need to contact our office and speak with your property manager to make arrangements for paying your rent and any associated late fees.
- I must break the Lease Agreement, what will happen?
- Your Lease is a binding agreement and you are responsible for all the rent during that period. Please call our office immediately and speak with a property manager to discuss your situation. In some instances, we may be able to find another tenant for the property with your cooperation.
- I would like to re-sign another Lease, what am I supposed to do?
- Approximately 60 days from when your Lease Agreement is due, please notify our office that you wish to re-sign another Lease. An inspection will be conducted and then upon owner approval, we will honor your request and send you a Lease Extension Agreement for all parties to sign and date.
- How do we remove a person on the Lease or add person to the Lease Agreement?
- Call our office and speak with your property manager. Explain the situation in detail. When removing a person from the Lease, we will need to discuss the qualifications of the remaining person(s) on the Lease, disposition of the security deposits and any legal ramifications. If you wish to add a person onto the Lease Agreement, we will require a completed application by the new person, thereafter we will seek approval by the property owner.
- Can we paint a room?
- Please call our office and speak with your property manager about your wish and details of painting a room. With the owner’s approval, you will be able to paint your room providing the labor is completed by a professional vendor and is paid for by the tenant. Upon vacating the property, the tenant will need to repaint the room back to its original or neutral color.
- Can we change the locks?
- Yes! Please notify our office and provide an additional key to us for emergency purposes.
- How long does it take to receive my security deposit back after I have moved?
- Twenty-one (21) Days from after completion of your tenancy. Should there be costs involved to replace owner’s personal property, tenant damages, cleaning, grounds clean up, painting, unpaid rent, utilities, late fees or anything else that may be needed to restore the property, will be deducted from your security deposit in accordance to the terms of your rental agreement. Any damages exceeding the security deposit will be charged to the tenant.